What is there to do!
There is plenty to do in the area. You can go to the nice fishing village of Fuseta or to the larger Olhao or the cultural Tavira, not to mention Faro with its old town. There are many museums, beautiful churches and there is always an exhibition somewhere. In the Algarve people mainly live outside, so there are many open-air festivals with music or with a cultural background, special food festivals with the local or regional delicacy as main theme, think of "Festa da Marisco".
People like to eat out in the Algarve, the prices are also pleasant, so there are a lot of restaurants. There are simple Portuguese restaurants but also the more touristy and very luxurious restaurants. Of course we have a list of recommended restaurants, which you will receive.
Shopping is good in the Algarve, from nice small local shops to large designer outlet shopping malls. Gypsy and flea markets are nearby every week.
When it comes to sports, there is a lot of choice, most will be in and around the water, but there is also plenty of choice of activities. Large sporting events are also often organized. Of course there are brochures in the house of various tourist activities and restaurants in the area.
Important attractions not to be missed
- Walking and Birdwatching in the Nature Park "De Ria Formosa"
- Mercado de Olhao, the daily fresh market and on Saturdays there are local farmers selling their fresh produce
- Island tour from Olhao, Ilha da Farol and Armona, Cultura Island
- Praia Do Barril
- Algarve - the best golf destination, there are 33 golf courses Teetime books: www.portugalgolfbooking.com
- Camera Obsucra and Castelo in Tavira more information
- Fado afternoon or evening in Tavira
- Tuk Tuk Tour in Tavira
- Boat trip along the coast
- Kite surfing
- Standup paddling in Fuseta
- Fishing trips
- Waterpark, Aqua show In Amancil
In the "guia da Algarve" you can find all activities and events of that moment. This free monthly guide can be picked up at the “Turismo De Portugal” desk at the airport or at their office in Olhao and Tavira.
Or look at their website www.turismodoalgarve.pt